The Bible consistently expresses God’s concern for the well-being of the vulnerable members of society, children in particular. Christ’s words and example provide a strong rationale for churches being responsible for all those in their care. Baptist Church Western Australia takes this responsibility very seriously. Their Safe Church program incorporates an awareness workshop for every person in a leadership role within our churches, from pastors and elders to those in home groups, seniors’ ministry, youth group, Sunday school and more.
Volunteering at Carey requires that you keep up-to-date with Safe Church practices.
Please see the following list of dates and a venue near you.
Upcoming Safe Church Dates
Awareness and Refresher workshops will be run in Perth on the following dates:
- Saturday 15th June 2019, 9am-1pm at Vose Seminary, Bentley.
- Saturday 10th August 2019, 9am-1pm at Thornlie Baptist Church.
- Saturday 24th August 2019. Albany Baptist Church
- Saturday 12th October 2019, 9am-1pm at Rockingham Baptist Church.
- Saturday 14th December 2019, 9am-1pm at Vose Seminary, Bentley.
For more information about this workshop click here.